Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Blogging Happy

I have been accused of being too negative. My subject matter is at times too dark. I complain about too many things. So today I will write only about the things that make me happy. The list follows:

1. There is a grocery store about three miles from my house called Bow Street Market. They sell an item called a Blondie that is the best thing I have ever tasted--in fact, I could go for one right now. It's a white cake brownie with butterscotch and chocolate chips baked right in, and a graham-cracker crusty bottom, and some squiggly lines of hard chocolate on the top. I love them. They come individually wrapped in a neat little plastic bag tied with a ribbon. (A nice presentation never hurts.)
2. A steaming mug of hot, black coffee first thing in the morning makes me feel good immediately, which is why days on which I have surgery or lab tests scheduled in the morning are such a drag.

That's pretty much it. Perhaps now you understand why so much of my writing is about all the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuke Gaza (or at Least Ilhan Omar)

If they can say "From the river to the sea," I can say "Nuke Gaza. " That's extreme, I know, but hey, do you rememb...