Monday, February 13, 2012

Wikipedia Worries

There are so many things to worry about, there are simply not enough hours in the day. I know a few people who don't worry about anything and I applaud them, but I am not of them. One in particular will no doubt write a comment here along the lines of "only worry about the things you can fix." My answer to that is if I could fix it I wouldn't worry about it.

Just in case you lead a charmed life and you also have no dying or crazy or unhappy or psychotic or confused or downright imperiled friends or relations, all you need to do is turn on the TV or open a newspaper or turn on your computer and you'll find something to worry about in no time, I promise. In fact, you don't even need to watch the news, since the commercials are all about illness and death benefits and mesothelioma and car insurance and floods and various medications with all their horrendous side effects and how to get a free scooter in case you have trouble walking.

This morning, still in my early morning euphoria and happily making the bed, I turned on the tiny TV we keep in the bedroom in case any planes crash into any towers to get the day's weather report, and next thing you know there's an ad for some personal injury lawyer who is waiting to hear from me if I have suffered injuries resulting from Pelvic Mesh. I didn't recognize the term but it sounded bad. That same lawyer also could help me if I have a problem from a Pelvic Sling. Not knowing what those things are I certainly couldn't worry about them, but I also couldn't be on the lookout for whatever problem or problems they supposedly fix, when done correctly. Naturally I did some research and found out so much more than I ever wanted to know about the subject, words cannot describe. Wikipedia is freaky that way.

So now I'm happy that my pelvic floor has not collapsed, but I'm a tiny bit worried that it could.

2 comments:

  1. Deneb is impressed that you make your bed every morning. I love that! Reading this made me go vacuum.

    ReplyDelete

A Bridge Too Far

Many people flipped out when, a few years back, President Trump called the media "the enemy of the people." Of course, most of the...